VGM Group, Inc. believes in investing in the community to make it a better place. We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company, and we want to make the communities our employees call home better by donating to organizations focused on improving life for the people they serve.
Extending hands and providing resources to improve the lives of children, people with disabilities, the elderly, and veterans in need within our communities.
Who Do We Donate To?
We donate to companies with clear missions that focus on areas of needs that match our company values. The areas of need we prefer to donate to include organizations focused on helping:
- Individuals with disabilities
At our discretion, VGM may consider requests outside of the preferred areas of need. We receive an overwhelming number of requests for assistance. Unfortunately, we are not able to contribute to every organizations that submits a proposal.
Based on criteria set by VGM Leadership, we choose not to make financial donations to some organization or causes, including:
- Political fundraising
- Churches or religious group
- For-profit organizations
- Fundraising events that benefit “individuals” or individual causes, except for honor flights for veterans
- Any organization who’s mission doesn’t align with our company values
- Organizations outside of communities VGM calls home. We generally consider the “community” to be within 30 miles of our office locations.
In order to donate to an organization or cause, VGM requires that a proposal be submitted. Proposals should include the following attachments (if available):
- A copy of IRS determination of your not-for-profit status (501c3)
- W-9 (mandatory)
- Letter of good standing (Iowa)
- Mission statement
- List of current board members and their affiliations
- Most recent audited financial statement
- Annual report
- Narrative to include the history of the group, how you serve the community, demographics, and number of person service, and how this donation will be used. (Limit narrative to 3 pages)
- A current agency budget, project budget
- Completed cover sheet (mandatory, included at the end of instructions)
If you wish to submit a donation proposal, please click here to get started.
All requests should be made 60 days prior to the program or function. You will receive a letter in four to six weeks regarding the status of your request. In many cases, we will schedule a site visit to meet with you in person and learn more about your organization.
Donation Requests are reviewed once per month by our Philanthropy Committee. Your proposal should be submitted one month in advance of the first of the month and at least one month before your event.
What to Expect if Your Project is Funded
If you receive funding from VGM Group, Inc., we’d love to share your story with our employee owners. Please send us a few photos and a paragraph explaining how the money or time donated by VGM helped your organization.